Thursday 18 August 2011

My mum.

My mum fell pregnant with me when she was 18.
My mum married my dad because she was pregnant with me.
My mum left my dad with me when I was 2.
(she took the alfa romeo)

My mum married my stepdad when I was 7.
My mum moved to the 'other side of the fence'.
My mum had two more children.
(she looks like she's still in her 20's)

My mum takes an awful lot of cheek from me.
My mum slapped me because I deserved it.
My mum cried when I left to live with my dad.
(she drove me in the car there herself)

My mum waved me off on the boat.
My mum called every week.
My mum and I mucked around at graduation.
(she kept trying to tickle me during the photoshoot)

My mum stepped out to cross the road.
My mum looked left and right.
My mum didn't notice the traffic begin to move beside her.
(she was in front of a lorry)

My mum has lost her leg.
My mum has lost her finger.
My mum is in a wheelchair.
(she has not lost her spirit)

Me and mum in Barcelona on my 30th
birthday (yes, I was blond back then!)
I wrote this a long time ago as a mother's day poem but never used it.  My mum has been in a wheelchair for 7 years and in this time she has travelled, opened a clothes boutique, become a mother-in-law, become a granny and did this all whilst still looking fabulous.  She is more a sister than a mother and we couldn't be more different as people - we scrap as much as we laugh.  She is an absolutely fantastic grandmother and Bubble adores her. 

I love her very much.

4 comments:

  1. I guess now we know where you get your spirit from. Kudos to your Mum and thanks for sharing your poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I came over to check out your blog and this poem for your Mum is the first thing I read. Sad in parts but uplifting at the same time. Your Mum sounds like a very strong woman..and very inspirational! Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo heck, Alison! That was a bit of a deep one for your first impression of my blog...Hope it didn't scare you off lol!

    I'd had a really good day with mum and I just wanted to share it on my blog... I'm not always so serious :o)

    Thanks for saying hi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'll be sure to pop over to you too sometime soon :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...